Powered by Blogger.

Fabulous Foursome Reviews:: Indulgence by Jeanne McDonald

by - 3:30 AM



Indulgence
by: Jeanne McDonald
Genre: Erotica/Erotic Romance
Release date: January 4, 2015


One night of indulging in her carnal nature will unlock a world of mystery and desire she never dreamed existed.

A year has passed since Addison George was left at the altar after her husband-to-be announced he was gay.  Still friends despite what happened, she secretly harbors hope that all of this was a phase and he will come crawling back to her.  That dream is shattered when he announces that he’s engaged to the man he left her for.  

Spiraling out of control, Addison agrees to accompany her best friend to the sex party of the year. Hosted by world-renowned erotic romance author, Sebastian Hawk, exposed anonymity is the name of the game.  The rules are simple: all guests are required to remain nude for the duration of the event, except for a mask to hide one’s identity, and everyone must partake in at least one salacious delight.

Out of her sexual league, Addison spends the evening with a certain clothed employee who explains to her the world in which the enigmatic author lives.  While she wishes to understand more about the strange novelist, Addison can’t help but feel drawn to the handsome and mysterious employee who has introduced her to the sensual realm of Indulgence.

Lost in a world of secrets and passion, Addison will unmask the man behind the mystery while exploring her carnal nature.  Through it all, she’ll discover that not everything is as it seems, and to never judge a book solely by its cover.




Jeanne McDonald began telling stories at the ripe young age of five, when her mother considered the truth to be a lie due to her extensive embellishment to the retelling of an event.  She wrote her first short story when she was twelve years old, and at the age of sixteen she tried her hand at poetry.  She reconnected with her love for writing in 2010 thanks to the encouragement of a dear friend.


Her passions include a "mild" Starbucks addiction, music, reading, quotes, movies, and romance.  When she's not spending time with her family, she can be found reading, writing, chatting with her friends or diligently working toward her bachelor's degree in Literature.  A proud Texan, Jeanne currently resides in the Dallas/Fort Worth area with her family.

Indulgence by jeanne mcdonald


                    
  
          



Other works by this author
ARayofHope     25684-coversmall     The Certainty of Deception by Jeanne McDonald     A Hot Mess by Jeanne McDonald     Branded Anthology

b9037-buylinks
Amazon     |     Barnes & Noble     |     Smashwords

I extended my hand out to her, almost afraid she might bite it off.  She wrapped the red ribbon around my wrist, prepared to clasp it together with an adhesive strip.  “You are to wear your card at all times.  In each room, you will find plenty of writing, utensils along with protection.  For every partner you engage in activities with tonight, you’re required to notate their name on this card.  Tomorrow morning, you will hand this back in and we will return your license to you.  Is that clear?”
My jaw nearly hit the floor.  Not that I thought keeping track of our partners was a bad idea, because it was quite brilliant, but having some stranger sifting through my sex partners left me unsettled.  My crush on Sebastian Hawk was a moot point.  It was bad enough he had access to everything else, including my blood type.  This was my private affair, and I wanted it to remain that way.
I ripped my arm back before the clasp completely closed, leaving the card in scary lady’s hands.  “Excuse me, but I wish to keep my card.  It’s no one else’s business who I fuck but my own.”
“Addison,” Amber warned me.
I jerked my head up, looking at Amber.  “No.  This is ludicrous,” I argued.  “Who gives him the right to know who I fuck or not?”
“It’s no big deal.  Just take the card,” she hissed.
I might’ve been out my comfort zone, but I also wasn’t the type of person who’d back down when I felt something wasn’t right.  I had no qualms in speaking my mind.  It might’ve gotten me in trouble more times than not, but I figured if I didn’t defend myself, who would?
“No.  You said this was about freedom, about taking chances, but there are some things I don’t take chances with.  I refuse to allow…”
Out of no where, a man appeared behind the desk.  His light, blue-eyed gaze washed over me, causing every follicle on my skin to stand on end.  My body tingled with excitement.  All I could do was stare at him.  He was the epitome of a god.  
Skin, lightly kissed by the sun.  Hair, the color of pale gold.  He was tall but the air around him made him appear taller.  The tip of his tongue darted out over his lips, and I had the sudden urge to reach out and capture it between my teeth.  My eyes drifted down, catching the sight of a hard, lean body.  His hands tucked away in his pockets, pulling his suit jacket away from his hips.  When I realized I was staring at his crotch, I quickly shifted my eyes to meet his.  Bad move.  Once locked in his sights, I was done for.
“Sebastian Hawk,” I rasped.  






Rating: 5 of 5 Hearts

I was gifted a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Wow! Let me start by saying I have read 100+ books this year, and I have not read anything like this. It was very refreshing to read something new!

This book is written very well. Sucking you in at the very beginning,  and taking you on a great ride. I loved Addison from the beginning. Her sarcastic and real personality, with its touch of shyness set her up as a great female lead. Then there is Luke......yummy =) Without a spoiler, he was perfect. Jacoby on the other hand, man was he a piece of work.  I wish he would have gotten nut kicked while in downward dog at yoga.....lol.

The book was just fantastic. Amber adds perfectly to the story. Her strong straightforward personality makes you laugh, among other things; she was a great secondary character. 

I have to say that the buildup in this book was my favorite though.  While in some books I might find myself saying "get on with it already", this book had me breathing heavy in anticipation!  Perfect! 

Highly recommend this read!


Rating: 5 of 5 Hearts

Brilliantly written! I have never read anything that captivated me like this story. It was a breath of fresh air to read something new and exciting. Yes, this story is one hot erotica that will have you squirming in your seat with the descriptive detail. But it is so much more.

The lead character Addison George is the total package. She is strong, independent, stunning, and has the kind of sense of humor that I love. She sucks you in and hypnotizes you throughout the story. You cannot help must snort at Addison’s inner ramblings.

We’re at an erotic masquerade and she can’t even say penis, cock, dick, or dong? Hell, that was just scratching the surface of the many descriptives I could come up with for male genitalia, and “thingy” wouldn’t have made the list.”

 Addison’s entire world crumbled a year ago, like it does for so many. But Addison rallied and has grown as an individual. Just when she thinks she can finally move on her ex Jacoby drops another bomb into her lap again. I did want to smack Jacoby. Then I remembered that men do not always process their “Brilliant ideas” before they do them.

Good thing this girl is a fiery redhead who had finally had enough!
Addison shows up at her best friend Amber Sachs’s house and is sweet talked (and by sweet talked I mean gives into her very persuasive ways) and decides to attend Indulgence.  Which just happens to be thrown my Addison’s all time crush, the one and only Sebastian Hawk. (I was swooning over this hottie too.)

Seeing the world of Indulgence through Addison’s eyes had my pulse racing, my senses heightened, and my body buzzing with excitement. The way Author Jeanne McDonald describes this world is absolutely perfect. You cannot help but clench your legs together and squirm as Addison explores a world she did not know existed outside of the world of fiction.

Sebastian Hawk is a polished Alpha male that has everyone male and females at Indulgence begging for his attention. He truly is the Grand Master of his event as is stands on the staircase and soaks in the attendants. 

“I was seduced by his mere presence. Every inch of my body tingled with excitement. I tried to shrug off my fangirl whims, and maybe that was true, but then again, maybe it was the fact that I knew tonight was all about sex and eroticism. Or maybe it was because I knew I couldn’t have him.”

Then enters Luke, this man is smoking hot. This sexy man intrigued Addison and me from their very first encounter. His humor rivaled Addison’s. But what got me is how he knew Addison needed a little liquid courage and enticement to really see Indulgence how it is meant to be seen.

Luke had me drooling and begging him to give into temptation along with Addison as he heightened her senses and lead her through the rooms of Indulgence. He knew Addison’s body craved for a release and he wanted to be the person to push her towards it.

 The journey Luke takes Addison on through the rooms of Indulgence is an experience Addison will never forget.



Rating: 5 of 5 Hearts

I was given an ARC of this book for an honest review. 

Initially I was not sure what to expect the title captured my interest as well as the cover. I never read anything by this author before, with that being said, I will so be reading more. I loved this book and can't wait for its' continuation. 

Let me begin by applauding the author on her well-executed and fluently written storyline thus far. The book title is so fitting because as you read you get "indulged" by the story of Addison George
 and her crazy world of gay-exs, hot yoga instructors and a nosy but caring best friend leading to a masquerade of "sexcapades" know as Indulgence hosted by her favorite erotic writer Sebastian Hawke.

 After a horrible day with her ex announcing his engagement to his boyfriend her night transforms into a one she'll never forget. At the end of this read you will only be left with a big goofy grin on your face yelling at you kindle I WANT MORE!!!! Job well done Jeanne can't wait to see how this story I unfolds.

Rating: 5 of 5 Hearts


I was gifted a copy for an honest review..... 

I was definitely intrigued after reading the synopsis. Addison George gets left by her fiancé for another man! That right there just sounds explosive to me, how do you come back from that? The story takes place a year later and Addison is still recovering from the shock she received from her fiancé Jacoby announcing he's gay. Some way Addison found it in her to forgive and remain friends with her ex. I give credit to this author for being able to write a strong, forgiving female. I don't know that I could've remained friends with an ex if that happened, could I forgive, yes of course. But to keep him in my life probably not. That's what made me like Addison's character because in no way is she a push over & you'll see that while reading this story. Hey they don't say red heads are fiery, feisty, & passionate for no reason. This I know for a fact, my mom's a red head.




You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thank you, ladies, so much for these fantastic reviews. <3
    ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete