Powered by Blogger.

Review: Testing the Submissive by Al Daltrey

by - 2:00 AM

22435150
Book: Testing the Submissive
By: Al Daltrey
Genre: Erotica BDSM 
Release Date: June 30, 2014


Abby stood nervously before her Master in the classic submissive pose: fully nude, legs apart, wrists placed behind her back; deeply ashamed of her evident arousal.

How far would her Master push her with these ‘tests’? How far would Abigail go? How many times could she stand before him blushing; yet with that unmistakable tingle? Their relationship was surely headed for a collision course. Or was it?

This story contains STRONG BDSM. While fully consensual, it includes submission, dominance, sadism and masochism. Please do NOT buy or read this if you are offended by graphic sexual descriptions including sexual violence. All characters are aged 25+, and it is recommended for an adult audience ONLY (aged 21+). This story is pure fiction and the author does not condone any violent behavior.



 




Rating: 4.5 of 5 Hearts

****Disclaimer: This story may not be for everyone. Please read Al’s disclaimer. ****

Wow! I honestly do not know where to start with my review. Giving this story the review it deserves is driving me mad. I am like a rambling mess right now.

 This story was such an eye opening read for me. It dealt with situations I honestly never gave much thought to. And now I am like damn. These women are stronger than I could ever be.  Yes, I do know this is exaggerated some for the fictional world.  But I also feel that there are situations like this out there that many live through daily.

You can tell Author Al Daltrey knows about the BDSM world. He takes his readers on an amazing journey as they follow the life of Abigail as she discovers who she really is. You will have no problem staying glued to pages as this story unfolds. It is intriguing, captivating, and raw.

Some of the situations in this book where hard for me to read, I may have not like them or want to think they are out there but they are.  

Abigail “Abby” knew early on she was different. She enjoyed things regular girls in college didn't speak about. She loved whipping and sought out Lewis when someone mentioned he was the person she needed to speak with.

Abby may not see herself as strong in the beginning of this story even though Lewis saw her potential. This girl knew what she liked sexually and went for it. She may have been ashamed of it a few times but she always completed her tests. Some of her tests had me gasping as I read them. I do not know how she completed them. But then again I am a chicken.  

Lewis on the other hand had me growling over half of the book. He kept pushing Abby past what I thought was her breaking point. I know I called him a few choice words a few times. What I didn’t realize is how much he was testing her. Lewis always protected her. By the end of the story I was on Lewis’s side and yelling at Abby to just say no.

Both characters grew throughout this story and learned deep down who they truly were. This is huge for me.  I need character growth and feeling that at the end of the story things can continue on, even if the book is a standalone. I could with this story. I wanted more once I finished it.

I want to say more about the ending but I also do not want to give important parts of the story away.

If you are looking for a great BDSM book that may not be like the other books you have read lately, please check this book out. I loved how Al Daltrey made me think outside of the box. 




By day I work in Marketing, which involves a fair amount of writing. Therefore, I never really had an interest to write for pleasure. When you do it all day, the last thing you want to do when you get home, is more writing. All the while, as my career progressed, so did my involvement in the BDSM lifestyle.

This interest in kinky sex started in my University years. Like most men, I loved meeting women, and especially the occasional one who didn't mind being tied up, or blindfolded, or spanked. All sex was great, but kinky sex was more exciting, more exhilarating, and more fulfilling.

Over the years I was lucky enough to meet my fair share of submissive women. And don't for a minute think these women were weak. Outside the bedroom they were confident, opinionated, gregarious and self-assured. However, inside the bedroom (so to speak) they wanted to feel the strong firm hand of a dominant man taking complete control.

Eventually I found the perfect partner, and am happily in a relationship.

One day, I flipped my laptop open, and to my surprise - I had an urge to write a BDSM story. Soon I had 20 pages, then 40, then 60. The novel that resulted was 'Testing the Submissive'.  The response was overwhelmingly positive, and the reviews excellent - all of which motivated me to continue writing. 'A Condo with Two Views' is my second full length novel, with other projects in the works. If you decide to give any of my writing a try, I hope you enjoy it!










 
 














You May Also Like

0 comments