Powered by Blogger.

Review: The Bonus by AJ Adams

by - 3:30 AM


The Bonus
By AJ Adams
Published 13 November 2013
Price US$3.99
#1 Paid Amazon Kindle US and UK Organised Crime category July and August 2014

Chloe is a seasoned drug courier who finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Facing a lingering and painful death at the hands of the Zetas, Mexico’s most brutal cartel, she persuades their enforcer to claim her. Has Chloe made a huge mistake, or will her choice prove her salvation - and his?

**Warning: This book contains explicit scenes of dubious consent, graphic violence and sex.**








Rating 4 of 5 Hearts 

**Disclaimer: This books is very graphic and deals with situations many may not be comfortable with. With that being said, I loved this book!**

This is my first book by Author AJ Adams and it will not be my last. She has a way with words that suck you in. She had me holding my breath through half the book. Her description of certain situations had me feeling poor Chloe’s pain as she fought for her freedom and life.

From the very first page I had to know more about Kyle. This man was complicated to say the least. Being the enforcer for the Zeta Cartel has it positives and negatives. Kyle was one complex character, learning what he was really like kept me glued to the book.

Kyle’s character grew so much during throughout this book. He never knew love, wanted love, or the companionship that he instantly found with Chloe.  This man would have died 100 times over to keep Chloe safe and happy. She accepted him for him as he did the same for her.

There is one part of the book when he goes off on his ‘how dare you tirade’ and realize his girl checked out like she did when they first met. When he panics and scopes her up apologizing profusely telling her how much she meant to him, I grinned like a fool. I loved watching his walls crumble and finally tell her how he felt.

Chloe was one strong and funny woman. I loved all her insane puns.  This girl had been through hell  and back numerous times being a drug courier for the evil Rimjob. She never knew love and lived in fear. Saying this girl had survival skills isn’t enough; she would do anything to survive.  I felt Chloe’s pain when she spoke about ‘him’, she feared him more than anything in the world. I loved the moment she realized she was more than what ‘he’ made her out to be. Kyle helped Chloe face the man she feared the most.  I could not wait for the ‘Him’ to get what was coming to him.
Chloe is probably one of the strongest heroines I have ever read in a book. And knowing many women live in fear like she did made my heart ache.

Kyle gave Chloe strength and love while she gave grounded him. Both had lived one hell of a life. Together they made each other whole.

As Chloe always says, “Life’s a bitch,’ cause if it was a slut, it’d be easy.”
                                                                                                Kyle















You May Also Like

0 comments