Powered by Blogger.

Review: The Lakeshore Evil by K.C. Harper

by - 7:00 PM

The Lakeshore Evil


Author: K.C. Harper
Title: The Lakeshore Evil
Genre:  | Horror |
Release Date: June 28, 2014


Synopsis


The small town of Lakeshore was always quiet until the tourist season hit in the winter. That was the only reason for media attention...until now. 10 year old Katie Elkton was a sweet child, in spite of the mental and physical abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. One fateful day Katie was found dead at the bottom of the stairs in the basement with almost all of her bones broken. Her parents disappeared. Some said accident. Some cried foul play.


Years later, a young woman with problems of her own buys the Elkton house. She moves in with her 8 year old son Bentley who suffers from severe allergies and asthma. It appears that Bentley has made a new friend. Katie has come back home...and she wants to play.


[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkJAwwyT9D8?feature=player_detailpage]

MyReview


This story gets 4.5 of 5 hearts from me.


Screenshot_2014-08-18-21-39-42-5


Those of you that know me know that I am a big fat chicken when it comes to Horror books. With that said, when K.C. Harper submitted her book to me I knew that I had to try. The synopsis intrigued me. I wanted to know more about this hunted house. I even told K.C. Harper she might have to hold my hand. She promised she would if I needed it. Or she would provide me with a nightlight.

This story is well written and complex. It is full of twist and turns that will keep you on your toes all the way until the very end. I loved that every time I was just about to lean one way and think I had it all figured out K.C. Harper would throw something else in there to keep me guessing.

The Lakeshore community is a close-knit community. Everyone knows everyone else’s business and then some. It is nosy neighbor on overdrive as long as the business doesn’t scare them or put the community in a bad light. If that the case it better left alone. On a rare occasion, they will welcome new comers into the community. The problem is that it appears that every time they welcome someone new into town strange events start to happen.

I loved trying to solve what went down in the Elkton’s household and why it seemed to be happening again in the Haggler household. The people in this story are downright evil to one another. It is all about me. And I am not talking about something from a horror film. I am talking about everyday evils.

This story has many complex characters that K.C sprinkles throughout the story. Each one has a web of their own that somehow interlinks to another person’s story. I was fascinated by how K.C slowly let out the webs. Each time my jaw drop while by brain started linking the pieces together.

My favorite character was Skye Hallsey this teenager was smart beyond her years and loved to give her neglectful mom Deirdre absolute hell. Deidre claimed to be able to feel the spirit of Katie Elkton but Skye was the true person who was perceptive to the evils lurking in her hometown. No one seemed to want to listen to the young troubled girl. I loved watching her solve the mystery of the Haggler house.

 

 

 

MeetTheAuthor
Born and raised in Seattle, Washington, K.C. Harper is an avid reader of romance, murder/mystery and horror embarking on a journey into the horror genre with "The Lakeshore Evil" as the debut novel. K.C. Harper also writes in the Romance genre so make sure to check out her upcoming releases! You can follow K.C. Harper on social media and purchase her books on Amazon.


AuthorLinks
Website:




42f38-download


5bb8f-goodreads-logo


Twitter :


AuthorKC_Harper


BuyLinks



Amazon US Purchase link

c7111-amazon-icon


Amazon UK Purchase Link
c7111-amazon-icon

You May Also Like

0 comments