Powered by Blogger.

Review::: Ripped and Twisted by Jen Lassalle Edwards

by - 3:00 AM



Title: Ripped & Twisted
Author :Jen Lassalle Edwards


Faith Dumont is a witty, confident, fiery fitness competitor, or so she appears to everyone else. Yet no one knows the horrors that she's endured and escaped to create this seemingly perfect life. No one knows the battle of self-loathing and deviant urges Faith battles daily.

She keeps her demons under control by her regimented, disciplined lifestyle. Faith has also implemented “rules” into her life, specifically a “no dating” rule. This rule was made to protect her heart. Life in the gym keeps her sane, to an extent, however, just because there is no dating does not mean there is not a bit of kink.


Slade is smoking hot physique competitor who works with Faith in the gym. Not only is Slade a co-worker, he is Faith's only friend, and a kin of the kink. He has always willingly followed Faith’s conditions... that is until tattooed trainer Ty enters their lives throwing all that Faith has created into a tailspin. When Slade sees Faith falling for Ty's seduction, he decides to refuse Faith's rules and introduce her to his.


With her normalcy crumbling around her, Faith is slammed by the carnal and emotional enticement of both men. Can they make their triad of passion work or will Faith’s past come back to decimate any spark of hope for love that she ever had?


Warning: This book is fictional and depicts acts of violence, graphic sex, including BDSM, M/F/M menage circumstances, and oodles of kink. This book is recommended for mature audiences (21 and over) who are not offended by scenarios such as these.



Amazon
Rating:: 5 of 5 Hearts
Okay, I will try and contain my rambles.  Yes, I said try. No promises!

Never in a million years would I have guessed this was Jen’s first novel. The vivid detail she writes with pulls you into her story. You cannot help but feel you are part of her story. The wit and humor she feels her story with is some of the best I have ever read. The flow of this story is so effortless as you get lost in the world of Faith Dumont.

This book sucked me and the very first line and did not let me go until the very last line. It was impossible to set this book down. It is rare for me to be completely consumed by a book so bad that when it ended I kinda wanted to cry. I needed more. I became so attached to Faith, Ty, and Slade I was devastated it was over.

The emotions that I felt for the lead character Faith “Fae” Dumont was strong. This woman had been through absolute hell.  She survived it and each and every day she had to watch her back and pray it never caught up to her again. Reading her hell had my heart breaking for her.

Then we get to bounce forward to Fae’s new life she had created.  She wouldn’t call herself happy or let herself feel happy. She was just trying to feel each moment that she could. We get to see her in her element with Slade. And let me tell you! Holy mother of hotness! This man had me licking my lips. The way Jen describes him had me drooling like a fool.  Then to see him in action. {fans myself} This man will take anything that Fae will give him.

I loved watching how Slade knew Fae better than herself. He knew how to read her. What she need, when she needed it. He wanted more and the moment he thought he could get away with taking more from her he did.  

Slade was the man everyone wanted. The only issue is he only wanted one woman who would not completely let him in. The first time he tells her he loves her was great. She was tied up and blindfolded and had to process what he said. I gave him a mental fist bump for that. He would do anything for his girl.

“Baby, just remember to trust me. Remember to relax. Focus on me.” It is Slade’s calming whisper sealed with a light kiss on my temple. “And baby, one more thing,” his hand goes over my mouth delicately, and barely audible whispers, “I love you.”

Louder, Slade commands, “No words, Faith.” I nod into his hand.

This is where my heart soared for Slade and Faith. He gave her the one thing he wasn’t sure he could handle but knew she wanted. He let Tyler join them.  Let me just tell you that scene is past the point of smoking hot.

Because Jen giving us one man to drive Fae and her readers crazy wasn’t enough. She gives us Tyler “Ty” Villere. Tyler is built like no other, tattooed, and wears glasses.  Can I just say Jen had me at glasses.  I was just like Fae. Speechless!

Tyler enters the picture and they become a trio. A very hot and very open trio.  Tyler and Slade would not let anyone upset fae. I loved watching the boys pamper and show Fae that she is their world and they did not care what anyone else thought.

Slade and Ty are both two very dominate men who fell in love with Fae. They loved everything about her and taught her to let them in. That she was not crazy or alone in this world.  That they are right their with her.

Fae needed discipline to get out of her head and not let her thoughts eat at her. Slade and Ty both recognized this and did anything they could to help Fae out of her head and get away from her demons. I absolutely loved watching the trio become a strong front.  The love they all became one strong unit.

I will not lie I was fanning myself and squirming a few times as a read. Holy hotness. Jen has a way with words and letting you visualize the scene.


 
 






JLE is a Cajun girl from Louisiana who now resides in Colorado with a husband and a furry menagerie. While attending college, JLE majored in Biological Sciences, Civil Engineering, English Literature and Respiratory Therapy/Cardiopulmonary Science. Constantly changing interests, she still does not know what she wants to be when she grows up, mainly because she refuses to ever become a stagnant adult. She believes in living life to the absolute fullest. In JLE's pursuit of an abundant life of adventure, she has spent time as a burlesque performer, a roller derby referee, a bartender in the French Quarter, writing for a music site in New Orleans, and currently is an amateur fitness competitor. She has a penchant for all things that sparkle, and on a completely different note, is a self-professed food whore. However, one interest has never faltered through the years, daydreaming and penning those warped thoughts to paper. Now, you can also enjoy as she reveals all of those deviant fantasies that play in her head daily.


River Walk Collection



Coming Soon!











You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow! I have no words for this incredible review! <-That's rare, lol.
    Thank you soooo much Sarah!! <3 xoxox JLE

    ReplyDelete