Powered by Blogger.

Author Spotlight & Interview:: Alexis Riddley

by - 5:00 AM

I had the honor of chatting with my good friend Alexis Riddley this past week. She always has me laughing.  She has a heart of gold and I cannot imagine not talking to her every day. I think her twisted mind rivals mine. {Snickers}

Alexis is working on her second book Enough Time. {Does a booty shake dance of joy.}
 I can tell you now it is ahhhh-mazing. I fell in love with Alexis writing style when I started reading Enough Secrets. She has such a vivid imagination and it shows in her writing. Her description and character in Enough Secrets kept me captivated.  I was screaming and babbling away in her messages as I read. (Poor Alexis. I was like a hyper Yorkie.)  Talk about one hell of a book hangover. Saying I was thrilled to hear there would be a book two is an understatement!! 

Now grab a cup of coffee or whatever you drink and get to know Alexis Riddley.

Sarah: Do you listen to music while you write? If so, is it different with each book or series?

Alexis: Absolutely, Yes.  I love music I think it is the theme of life.  I can always find a song that seems to go with moment or my mood.  As far as the books and music it different for each book and even each chapter, or character.  

 Sarah: What is your favorite book right now?

Alexis: This is so hard to say…I am fairly obsessed with so many books. But if I had to pick one it would be Corey Taylor’s book A funny thing happened on the way to heaven.  I love his writing style…so open, no filter.  

Sarah:{Glares at Alexis playfully and writes the book down to one-click} You know I have to read this now. 

What was your inspiration that started your writing career?

Alexis: Actually I had always wanted to write a novel or short story, but a great friend Al Daltrey was the first one to “challenge” me to put my ideas on paper. 

Sarah:{makes a note to thank Al Daltrey for challenging Alexis.}

What book influenced you the most growing up?            

Alexis: I love anything by Stephen King.  What is most amazing about his writing, for me, is the possibility, the intrigue and then the complete WTF where did that come from.  I like books that keep me guessing until the end. 

Sarah: Name someone other than a family who has been a huge supporter during your writing career.

Alexis: I have been blown away by the support of so many but I have to say the friends I have made via Facebook. They have been the biggest supporters, aside from my family.  People that I have known for even the shortest time are cheering me on.  It feels really cool. 

Sarah: You do know I always have my pom-pom ready or... well you know what is in my inspirational stash. hehe

How did you become interested in writing this genre?

Alexis: I don’t think I set out to write a Dark Erotic Thriller I just let the words and the characters take me on a journey.  So I would have to say the genre chose me.  LOL

Sarah: What is one question you have always wanted to be asked during an interview but never have been.

Alexis: Oh wow…that’s difficult.  I guess I would have to say…. “If you had to chose between Captain America or Thor who would you pick?” BTW totally Thor for me.


Sarah: Hell yes!! Thor all the way BABY!!!   

What is your writing style? Do you outline or just write it as it comes to you and let the story unfold as you write?

Alexis: I am not an outline kinda girl.  I just let the story develop as I write.  Even the characters I don’t have a hard idea of what they look like, or who they are it unfolds as I go.  At first I thought, f*&k should I have an outline, but my style really works for me.

Sarah: Is it hard for you to decide what the titles of your books will be?

Alexis: With Enough Secrets – Lies. Lust. Deceit  I knew I wanted the word “enough” to be in the title but it wasn’t until the end of the book that the entire title and subtitle came together for me.  Now with Book 2 in the series Enough Time – Truth. Redemption. Trust, I had the title and subtitle within the first 5,000 words of the book.

Sarah: Tell me about your book.

Alexis: Enough Secrets is about what people see on the outside, and what really goes on behind closed doors…so when the curtain is pulled back it is amazing what really exists.

Sarah: {Nods like mad} Oh. My. Goodness!! Your first few paragraphs I was freaking out! You were so descriptive and I was going wtf is going to happen. In the most delish way! I was glued like a little addict. I love when author grab me like that. 

How much research did the book take?

Alexis: I didn’t have to do much research at all, except for little details like city names, car model, tiny details like that.

Sarah: Is there a message you hope your reader grasps?

Alexis: I want people to take from this book to not judge, not assume that you know what people want and / or are going through.  I want the readers to walk away with a feeling of “what the sh*t just happened” to open their eyes and never take anything for granted.

Sarah: Mission accomplished girl

What is your next writing adventure?

Alexis: Book 2 of the ‘Enough series’ and then onto a new set of characters and crazies.  LOL

Sarah: When can I start stalking you for details on your next book release?

Alexis: Hoping to release book 2 in October so stay tuned.

Sarah: {Squees} I cannot wait! Is it Oct. yet? {bounces}

Can you give me a little something from your next writing project to tease your fans with?

Alexis: Well I don’t want to give anything away in Enough Secrets, but Enough Time is full of twists, turns and WTF moments that we all loved in ES. 

Sarah: I am going to pretend you did not just tease the hell out of me and be all evasive like that. {huffs} 

Who designed your cover?

Alexis: Tiffany H.  She is amazeballs.

 Sarah: Yes she is!! I love me some Tiffany! 

 

Here are some 'Nosy Nancy' questions that Alexis answered for me. hehe. I love getting in authors heads.

Sarah: Married?  Divorced?  Single?  In a serious relationship with your current book boyfriend/Girlfriend?

Alexis: Married

Sarah: Name a few (and I use that term liberally) of your favorite books.

a.    FSOG
b.    Ripped and Twisted
c.    Me before you
d.    The Bedrock Series
e.    Testing the Submissive
f.     Rush
g.    Try, Take and Trust
h.   OMG so many many more

Sarah: Name two actors or actresses (or a combination of both) you would want to have a threesome with.

 Alexis: Ok so this took me a while to narrow it down to only two.  I would pick Stephen Amell (actor) and Izzy Hale (from Halestorm) she is eff hawt and he is just amazing. 

Sarah: Holy hotness!! Now that is one hot sammich! {drools a bit}

On a scale of 1-10 (one be the least and 10 being the greatest) how big of a book slut are you? 

Alexis: 101 I need rehab.

Sarah: You and me both sista! 

Do you read naked?

Alexis: Sadly no. I am usually on my chair under a blanket as snuggled in.  LOL

Sarah: HAHA! I am the same way! 

What do you consider is your biggest success?

Alexis: Finally being comfortable in my own skin and owning up to who I was and liking what I see in the mirror. 


 Boxer/Briefs Briefs
Steak/Chicken Steak
Lace/Cotton Lace
Sweet/Salty Salty
Dom/Submissive Yes please
Salad/Burger Burger
Morning/Night Night
Top/Bottom Bottom
Fast/Slow Slow
Light/Dark Dark
Wine/Beer Neither

Title: Enough Secrets: Lies.Lust.Deceit
Author: Alexis Riddley
Genre: Dark Erotic Thriller
9006a-add-to-goodreads-button31


What if everything you had come to know about your life was a lie, complete and total fiction? Charlotte West had everything she ever wanted: The house, the status and the perfect husband in Winston. But that’s the trouble with appearances; they can be deceiving. Charlotte’s life had become a tangled web of ecstasy, rules, punishment and unparalleled pleasure at the hands of Winston, and his business partner, Aiden.

Charlotte never expected Winston was harboring secrets deeper than her own. She was clan-destined to lock more away into her vault of lies in order to portray the flawless illusion that the outside world has come to expect. 

On an ordinary day of no significance, Charlotte made a conscious decision to let go of the chains that were binding her together and prepared to unleash the carnage that was her soul onto the world. She no longer felt the need to please Winston, nor Aiden. She was prepared to deal with her decision. For the first time, she was going to be true to herself, and she was terrified.  

But when the cover is pulled back and decades of lies, lust and deceit are exposed; the question is, who would Charlotte be when everything was exposed? Would she come out on the other side as she had hoped, would years of walking the razors edge leave her broken; or was she lost forever? 








 

Alexis Riddley spends her day’s knee deep in the grind of corporate America, but her love of reading is what pushed her to put pen to paper. Bringing to life the stories that once existed only in her head. Alexis loves the outdoors, adventures, and music. Oftentimes music is the catalyst or the trigger for memories, and emotions that she uses in her writing. Alexis rarely watches television, but is a total comic book freak, superheroes, the whole lot of them. She is obsessed. Alexis is willing to try anything, at least once, as long as it keeps the soul free and the mind open. She is a kid at heart who refuses to let age define her and limitations contain her. Alexis is a romantic, with a twisted mind and sexy imagination. She still believes that happy endings exist, just that sometimes they do not come in the pretty packaging you may have expected.

 


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love this interview!!
    Love Alexis and her deviant brain.
    I'm putting the Corey Taylor on my TBR list too now.

    ReplyDelete