Powered by Blogger.

Author Spotlight - Nicole Zoltack

by - 3:30 AM



I met Nicole when she was spotlighted her books at an author event via the web a few months back.  She was having so much fun you could not help but join her. 


1)      Can your fans find you at an upcoming event? If so please provide the details of the event or events.

My next big event is in Roanoke, VA on April 11th. There will be a ton of authors signing and selling their books and I can't wait for it!

2)      Do you listen to music while you write? If so, is it different with each book or series?

Not usually. I tend to have to stay up late to be able to write, after hubby and my three boys are in bed, so they appreciate that I don't blare music!

3)      How did you become interested in writing this genre?

I've always been obsessed with history, whether it be the Middle Ages, the Victorian era, the Regency, or USA history, especially the wars. I mean, I even had a Renaissance-themed wedding! I don't believe in past lives, but if I did, I had to have been alive during the Middle Ages. So I combined my love of history with a way to go back there, or for a character to jump from one time to another, and boom! LOVE BEFORE HONOR.

4)      What is your writing style? Do you outline or just write it as it comes to you and let the story unfold as you write?

I do not outline, or if I do, it's very loose and with lots of holes. I just sit and type. I love watching the story as it unfolds as I write it! It's serious magic.

5)      How has becoming an author changed you?

I think I'm more empathetic. I'm always feeling out people and trying to understand them more. I feel like being an author and creating characters helps me to better connect with people.

6)      Where did the idea of your current book come from?

I already wrote one time travel, with a modern girl going back to the Regency era, but I thought it would be more interesting if a character from another era went to yet another era, with nothing contemporary about it. Voilà! A medieval knight and a regency lady.

7)      Is it hard for you to decide what the titles of your books will be?

It depends on the story. Some I have the title first, but that's unusual. Usually, I have to wait until after I've finished the story to be able to write it.

8)      Tell me about your book.

LOVE BEFORE HONOR is the story of a medieval knight who finds himself in Christmastime Victorian England. A lady convinces her parents to let him stay for the holiday. Of course he tries to find a way to return to his time, but perhaps he is where he should be after all.

9)      What is your favorite thing you learned while doing the research for this book?

I did a lot of research for games played during the Regency era for Christmas. A lot of them sound like great fun!

10)  What is your next writing adventure?


Right now, I'm working on a secret project. I'm not sure what I'll do with it once I finish it – if I'll query agents or self publish, but it's a very fun story to write!



Nicole Zoltack

Nicole Zoltack loves to write in many genres, especially romance, whether fantasy, paranormal, or regency. She's also an editor for MuseItUp Publishing and works as a freelance editor.

When she's not writing about knights, superheroes, or zombies, she loves to spend time with her loving husband and three energetic young boys. She enjoys riding horses (pretending they're unicorns, of course!) and going to the PA Renaissance Faire, dressed in garb. She'll also read anything she can get her hands on. Her current favorite TV show is The Walking Dead.

To learn more about Nicole and her work, visit her blog at http://NicoleZoltack.blogspot.com.

 She can be found on most any social media site under Nicole Zoltack. Stalk away!

You May Also Like

0 comments