Powered by Blogger.

Author Spotlight: Ayden K. Morgen

by - 2:30 AM




Ayden is such a sweet sweet woman.  I absolutely adore her.  We met in the Twilight Fandom and have stayed in touch over the past four years.  



Fun Facts about Ayden Morgen:

1. Ayden met her husband when she was twelve, and he promptly informed her that he would marry her someday. He was telling the truth. They've been together for almost fifteen years, and married for ten.

2. Ayden is a Blackhawks fanatic. She dislocated her hip dancing after they won the Stanley Cup in 2012... a fact which her doctor loves to tease her about.

3. In addition to writing, she works in the public services sector as a 911 operator, volunteers heavily, and donates a portion of book sales to a charity selected by her readers. 25% of sales from All Falls Down go to the National Domestic Violence hotline.

 4. Ayden's biggest life goals are to flash mob the Thriller dance, legally blow something up at least once, and to own a tank.

5. She's obsessed with cookies and shanking sporks.

Ha! I seriously want to join Ayden on her flash mod dance! Oh, and blow something up! Who doesn't want to make something do ka-boooommm! 


Now is when I like to get my stalker on and see what the author are up to! 



1. Do you listen to music while you write? If so, is it different with each book or series?

Absolutely! What I'm listening to varies from book to book and series to series. I may go from aggressive hip hop while writing one story to classical for the next... it all depends on what fits the story.

2. What is your favorite book right now?

Oh, man. I have so many favorites at the moment. The Apartment by Amanda Black. Beneath the Scars by Melanie Moreland. Torture to Her Soul by J.M. Darhower. And, of course, Voltaire's Candide, which I read at least twice a year.

3. What book influenced you the most growing up?

It's a toss-up between Go Ask Alice and Virgil's Aeneid. Both touched me in such profound ways. Go Ask Alice is part of the reason I obtained my undergrad and grad degrees in Criminal Justice and Forensic Psychology. Virgil's Aeneid prompted a life-long love of mythology.

4. Name someone other than a family who has been a huge supporter during your writing career.

Lisa Michele, Jennie Ashby, and Amy Stone, three of my partners-in-crime, have been such a huge support system for me. So has Leanne Creamer. They frequently put up with my freak-outs and insanity. I don't know what I would do without their friendship or calming influence!

5. How did you become interested in writing this genre?

I'm a pervy romantic at heart, and I absolutely love being able to give an HEA to a character who has kind of given up on finding that other half of his or her soul. If I can do that while satisfying that naughty side as well, all the better!

6. How has becoming an author changed you?

I'm not so sure it has. I think I'm still the same crazy person I was before I took the plunge into publishing. Now I just have a little less free time.

7. Tell me about your book.

All Falls Down is the story of a young woman who trusts the wrong boy after being abandoned by her mother. Toby proceeds to spend two years tearing Savannah down, before leaving her broken emotionally and physically. When she finally flees from him, she finds herself falling for a man who is Toby's polar opposite. Jared's beautiful and intelligent and cares for her in a way that leaves her breathless. Problem is: Jared has secrets, and Savannah just can't seem to figure out what someone like him would choose someone like her. When she finally learns the truth about who he is, her life becomes a whole lot more complicated, forcing her to make choices that might just break her worse than Toby did.

The story is serious and lighthearted, steamy and dramatic in turns.

8. Is there a message you hope your reader grasps?

Definitely. I hope readers walk away from All Falls Down with the understanding that true love doesn't hurt. If you're being abused by a significant other in any way, he doesn't deserve you, and you don't have to stay. There is someone and something better out there for you.

9. What is your next writing adventure?

I'm currently working on finishing the third installment of my New Adult Urban Fantasy series, The Ragnarok Prophesies series. I have two other projects currently in the querying phase. One is an erotic thriller (Ravished). The other (Stricken) is a New Adult paranormal romance.

Next on the writing roster is the sequel to Savannah and Jared's story, All Cried Out.

10. When can I start stalking you for details on your next book release?

You can find me on Twitter at @AKMorgen, or via my website at http://aydenmorgen.com, or on Facebook at http://facebook.com/akmorgen1.

11. Who designed your cover?

The lovely Jada D'Lee of Jada D'Lee designs helped with the cover for All Falls Down. I think she did such a great job putting it altogether.

12. Is it hard for you to decide on the cover?

Yes! I always have an idea in my head of what I want, but I have no artistic talent, so translating that vision to someone else is challenging. Luckily, I've had some really great cover artists who have been able to work magic and create exactly what I wanted. 

Ayden K. Morgen

Ayden lives in the heart of Arkansas with her childhood sweetheart and husband of ten years, and their five furry minions. When not writing, she spends her time hiking, reading, volunteering, causing mischief, and building a Spork army. Ayden graduated summa cum laude with her Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice and Forensic Psychology in 2009 before going on to complete her graduate degree in CJ and Law. She currently puts her education to use in the social services field. 



Ayden also writes Young and New Adult fiction under the penname A.K. Morgen.


Young and New Adult: http://akmorgen.com
Adult Romance: http://aydenmorgen.com

  Facebook * Twitter * Goodreads 


You May Also Like

0 comments