Powered by Blogger.

Book Release and Review:::: EROS Erotica Author Challenge 2015

by - 2:00 AM


EROS - Indie Erotica Author Challenge 2015: 1

Book: EROS Indie Erotica Author Challenge 2015
by: 14 Amazing Authors
Genre: Erotica 
Release Date: February 10, 2015 






INTRODUCTION: In an effort to showcase the amazing talent that exists in the world of independent (Indie) authors, and to offer a variety of styles of creative writing to romance and erotica readers around the world, a concept was born in 2014 to pull together a compilation of authors from all sub-genres of romance and erotica for a common goal. The challenge...to write a short story 10,000 to 30,000 words in length in a sub-genre that none of the authors had ever published in...sci-fi and post-apocalypse. The result? EROS – Indie Romance/Erotica Challenge 2015. What better way to display the versatility of these incredibly gifted authors and gain exposure for both well-known and lesser known Indie literary personalities to the general public in a more broadly accessible publication. Each and every author included within these pages retains rights to publish this collection of short stories as well as to publish their individual stories separately to reach the widest audience possible. Included at the end of each story is a brief biography of the author to get to know her/him better and gain insight into their individuality and style of writing. We are very fortunate to have writers from around the globe included in this inaugural volume of EROS, and look forward to adding writers from more countries in the next annual volume, so if you know a great Indie author from a nation not included here, let them know we'll be looking for new talent for the 2016 issue! 

Science fiction is a pretty broad term. It can encompass everything from a space odyssey to time travel to adventures into the deep mysteries of the oceans and beyond. Interesting isn't it, though, that much of what was called science fiction in the past has come to pass as science FACT over the decades and centuries since it was first written. A submarine capable of traversing the globe underwater in 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (Jules Verne)...today a reality...a science fact. Airplanes, spaceships, galactic probes exploring space beyond our own solar system, cloning, and a myriad of other impossibilities that are, today, a collection of common occurrences. Fascinating isn't it that what you read within these pages may very well one day become reality and commonplace? Perhaps, then, science pre-fact would be a more accurate term for our romance and erotica stories contained within these pages? 

Post-apocalypse. After the destruction of the modern world as we know it. Total destruction by asteroid? Nuclear wasteland? Chemically or biologically mutated life forms? Cities in ruin? Depraved and debauched human existence beyond annihilation of our governmental and societal systems? Who knows what life would be like after any one of these worst case scenarios took place? Well, as a matter of fact, there are possibilities we haven't thought of...and you can read about them here. From the greatest Indie romance and erotica author minds, you get a glimpse at their alternate reality in a future wasteland of post-apocalyptic disaster, complete with stories of the primal romantic and erotic desires of humanity that can never be extinguished as long as our species persists against all odds. 

We (the authors) genuinely hope you enjoy our stories, and look forward to earning you as a loyal fan of our writing. Though you may not love every story here, we hope you find authors here whose stories inspire you to read more and share your love for reading with others. It is truly our PLEASURE to present our tales of science fiction and post-apocalyptic romance and erotica to you, and we thank you for reading Indie!



Overall Anthology Rating 4.5 of 5 Hearts



When I first heard about this anthology I knew I had to have it. I mean sci-fi and sexy-times! Not just yes but hell yes! I knew I would like it just by the list of authors on that beautiful cover. I already adored and respect so many of them.  But I didn’t just like this anthology, I loved it!

 Each story was unique, original, well written. I was glued to the pages until I finished it.  It only took me a few evening to finish this bad boy too! And that is saying a lot, ‘cause this baby is one huge book! 574 pages! Just sayin’!

I mean where else are you going to find hot sexy stories ranging from the end of times, to hot futuristic reads, to zombies, to aliens, to swoon worthy shifters?! Nowhere, I tell ya! There is nowhere on the plant you will get such a diverse book filled with steamy pages for just .99!
After reading this anthology I now have even more authors added to my drop everything and read list. And I need 10 of these babies to continue! Please! Don’t make a girl beg. Screw that, I will beg to know what happens next in a few of these.

On a serious note, when you buy this anthology 100% of the proceeds go to St. Jude Children’s Hospital

One more thing, I want to know if I am the only one who thought of Katy Perry’s E.T. when they read Time in a Bottle, The Reaper, and Invaded. I swear I was bopping along to the beat as I read. Or maybe I am the only one.





Rating: 5 of 5 Hearts


J.M. Nash- Invaded

Wow! This story was absolutely fantastic! I would love to see this as a series on the Syfy channel. The amount of detail that author J.M. Nash filled this story with had me right there with her characters.

The way J.M. sets up this story had me holding onto her every word. Her lead character has been held captive and walks us through what has been going on in the galaxy sense she has been born.
Tatiana is an alien from Akron. She has been held captive in a dungeon with some of her fellow people. She is the only female being held captive and wants to know why. She has the abilities to read others minds, project things into others minds, and she can move things with her mind.

This girl is strong willed and even though she knows at any moment someone could harm her she stands her ground against Tron.

Tron is a man of many secrets. He knows Tatiana is his true mate. If they are to mate and she is able to carry his child it will mean something huge to his people. Only problem is that he is lying to the one person he loves most.

I did want to punch him in the arm at the good when he turned into a butt. I really want to know more about why he is acting like this.

I just say I loved loved loved J.M.’s description on the changes her characters were going through during their mating process. And do not get me started on the hot sex! I mean the thought she put into it was crazy good!

Only one problem! I need more now! I huffed and crossed my arms when this story ended. I mean that ending! God! I need more! 





5 of 5 Hearts

Al Daltrey- Doom and Domination

Wow! I enjoyed this story so much! The detail Al Daltrey gives us paints a perfect backdrop while his story unravels. My mind instantly started picturing this futuristic world.  I was thinking wouldn’t this be great, followed by crap this would suck within a few short pages of each other.

Al as always did an amazing job keeping me all hot and bothered with his detailed sexy scenes. But this story is so much more. His writing and detail blew me away with this one. This is my favorite piece of Al's so far.

Let me start off by saying that I don’t always love third person. I feel that I cannot connect with the lead character(s). That is not the case here at all. You can feel the emotions that Lekia processes in each and every scene.

Lekia Biggs is just your average girl doing what she is told to do in life. When along comes a pesky journalist TJ Carson filming a slot in ‘A Day in the Life’ she had no clue what he was up to or what a whirlwind her life would become after that interview. She is scrutinized and punished for being who she is.

Poor Lekia is innocent but in the eyes of the law she is guilty. Not only is she guilty and scared someone benefiting from her submissive nature.

Steve is one of those characters you just love to hate. He was hot, sexy, and is dominating as hell. He demands respect and takes it. Throughout the entire story I could not decide if wanted to throat punch him or love him. I think this is the first time I have ever thought one of Al’s characters as a villain.  It was a glorious love hate relationship I had with Steve.


By the end of this story I was all wound up and dying for more.  Mr. Daltrey you know I need more of this story! I really hope one day I get to see more!




Rating: 5 of 5 Hearts

Max Cummings – Time in a Bottle

LOVED IT! From the moment I started reading this story I felt as though Max Cummings was leaving me breadcrumbs to follow. And boy was I right! I had to devour this bad boy. There was no stopping me once I started this story.  I needed to know how it ended! Then I sulked ‘cause it ended and I needed more!

Max packed this story with sexiness, humor, and a little mystery. His Characters are full of life and keep you wanting more from start to finish. From Norm and Kendra’s banter that turns hot and sensual to how Kendra taught Norm to be whom he always wanted to be.

Like how in the world is Norm stopping time and why is Kendra still cruising about? Seriously, these things had my little mind racing.

Norm was misunderstood and miserable. All he ever wanted in life was a beautiful woman to look his way.  He was a doctor after all. I wanted to smack Norm in the beginning. But this goofy guy quickly grew on me. Like he did Kendra.

Watching Kendra pull Norm out of his shell was great. She knew what he could become and nursed it out of him.

I absolutely adored Kendra. She was such a Sexy Minx! And freaking gorgeous! The way Max described her had me visualizing how she looked instantly. I could picture her magnificent eyes and blue tinted skin as she took Norm out for the night of his life.  

She was so darn funny and full of life. I could not help but snort at her sass towards Norm.  Then we get to meet a sexy Holly. She added just the right amount of sexiness to balance these two out.
AND she has a major secret! My jaw hit the floor and I tilted my head as I worked through the possibilities.

The loveseat scene in this story is absolutely smokin’! I mean HOLY COW HOT! I wanted to high-five Norm and tell him he was a freaking rockstar after I finished fanning myself.  

I do not want to give away anything to do with Max’s fantastic plotline full of twists and turns. Just know that I am dying for him to write more because his ending had me message him that I needed more! 



Rating: 5 of 5 Hearts

Melissa Bell ‘2113'

This futuristic story had my little mind a racing. Author Melissa Bell did a fabulous job at detail. There were numerous times I felt as if I was right there with Qhoi and Malachi. I loved her concept on that in the future we will all just me a number assigned to us to match our job.

Her lead character is a computer genius who has been researching what the countries have been up to with the Breeders program. She knows something is off and is dead set in proving it. She will not accept she has been assigned to reproduce the way they have destined her to.

Qhoi had me snorting a few times. This girl had brains and did not take crap from anyone. Qhoi knew what it would take to get her out of the breeders program and was fine with it. She was just lucky that the man she met was someone she could eventually trust.

 I loved how she had no problem lining Malachi out a few times during the story. Malachi may have been dominate but Qhoi let him know she was the one in control.

Malachi knew something was not right with his mission. He just needed someone else to confirm his suspicions. He was drawn to Qhoi from the moment he saw her. He felt he needed to protect her even if he was not sure why.

I did a full on pout when the story ended. I was wrapped up that I did not even realize it was about to end. I really hope Melissa adds to this story.




Rating: 4.5 of 5 Hearts

Riley Bryant- ‘Breeders’


This story is one I could actually picture happening in the future. Riley Bryant tells a fantastic story on how a virus kills off most of the male population leaving only a few men to repopulate the earth.  I was mesmerized by Riley’s description in his story.

Riley’s take on how the U.S. is split up into sections and that the Father’s run the sections made me think. If something does happen how will we all really act.

The Father’s had power. These men could practically do anything and get away with it. There sole purpose was to breed with as many women as possible and that is it. No responsibilities at all. They never met their children or have to worry about what they need to do.

Father Finn was raised this way. He knows no different then what he has become accustomed to. He gets his fill of sex every day and that is it. Finn longs for more than what his life is. He is tired of all the sex with people who mean nothing to him. He is drawn to a beautiful Kailiss that sleeps in his bed most nights, knowing it can never be more.

What happen’s when Kailiss notices Finn isn’t keeping to his schedule. I’ll tell ya. You get a great love story laced with action and steamy sex!

This story takes some great twist and turns I did not see coming. I could not turn the pages fast enough to see how it turned out.

I really want to say more but I am afraid I will get away some of the plotline. Just know I thoroughly enjoyed it




Rating: 5 of 5 Hearts 


Lynessa James – The Reaper

After reading this story I have become a Lynessa James fangirl. She owned me from the moment I started reading this captivating story. The detail she put into this story swept me away until the very last line. Then I signed and pouted a little ‘cause it was over. I can see this story as a full novel easily.

Lynessa fills this story with sass, humor, and creative detail that makes your mind think outside of the box at all the what ifs.

 I was mesmerized and became completely consumed by the elaborate detail Lynessa gives us as she describes Farren’s experience. You could feel farren’s emotions as she worked through what she was experiencing.

Farren is one of those sweet souls you want to scoop up and give a huge hug to. She had been through a really tough time. She has lost her mother and feels as though she has lost her dad. And to top it off a guy at school get under her skin and driver her mad.

Plus, she keeps losing track of time and has no clue why. Her father wants her to see someone about it and see if they can figure out why.

When Farren realizes that she just isn’t losing track of time I was giddy. The way Lynessa describes her experience was so freaking creative and HOT!! I mean full body tingles when he touches her all over at once! He hadn’t even made love to her and I was like DAYUM!

When he takes her to their parallel universes and describes their love story to her my heart melted.  This man loved her no matter what.

I grinned like such a loon at the last two lines of this book.  

Rating: 3 of 5 Hearts

P.T. Macias – My Dragon’s Love

This was a fun story filled with shifters and aliens. Author P.T. Macias wrote a fantasy story blending shifters with other worldly beings.

Prince Landon is a dragon shifter that is granted access to visit the earth realm. He is on a mission to find his mission when he meets Heather. He knows instantly this is his mate. The only problem is he senses trouble.

Heather is working on a debt and is summoned to earth to lure Landon back to her room. She never thought in a million years he would be her mate. Now that she has she is forced to give him can she live with it or fight to get him back?

For some reason I just was not able to connect with this story. There are a few editing things that did not flow with me. They threw me off and I was unable to connect.  


Rating: of 5 Hearts

R.J. Cree – Shadow of the Hunter

Such a great story! I could visualize this story as a miniseries on TV. R.J. Cree had it all in this baby from the corrupt government, controlling families that took over, to the hot sexy scene that played out.  Cree did a fantastic job at sucking me in and keeping my full attention from start to finish. I could not put down my Kindle.

The thought and description R.J. put into Cody Linman’s community was fantastic. You felt the sense of family. How Cody would do anything at all to protect his friends and family. 

Cody Linman is a protector who does not tolerate anyone treading on his tuff hurting his friends. When people whirl into town and harm someone he is close to he makes it his mission to go after them. Cody becomes a hunter and stalks after his pray.

This book takes on a suspenseful feel while Cody avenges his friend. I loved how R.J. Cree gave us some much detail during the hunt.

Holy hot drugstore sex is all I’m saying!

What started off as Cody dominating two beautiful women ended up becoming so much more. I am really curious if R.J. is continuing this story someday, even though I loved the ending.  



Rating: 5 of 5 Hearts

Jami Brumfield 'THE MATING CHALLENGE'

Oh! How I love me some sexy were’s. This futuristic story revolved around Andrea as she comes to realize that not only was she in the future but that she was also part werewolf. Not only was she a werewolf, but an alpha female that had six men fighting to gain her companionship.  

Rules: The winner of the three fights gets a night with Andrea. After the three nights she must choose a mate or the final three men battle to the death.

I loved how Andrea analyzed each of the three winning men before her date and tried to figure them out. Then once they won she would get to see if what she thought was the truth. Andrea learned quickly that you cannot judge a wolf by his first impression.

Would she chose strong and dominate? Sweet and charming? Or the one she connected with but may not be able to protect her like the other two?

Females are rare and men go nuts on finding new blood… I mean mates in the future.

I do not want to give too much away with this story. I am just thrilled that Jami will be continuing this story in the future. Because I NEED to know more. This made a fantastic start for a future book. 
I am hoping the next book goes into more detail. I would’ve loved some more on each one of the dates. 

Rating 4 of 5 Hearts


The first story by Don Abdul 'TIME FOR JUSTICE'

This story grabbed my attention from the moment I started reading it. The way Don referenced the apocalypse to a large pyramid company being brought down. After the Enron a few years ago, it made this story stand out in my mind. I could picture heads corporations acting just like this.

What I did not expect was the twist that Don surprised me with. When I finally caught what Robert Rapapport was up to. I was like you clever devil. Robert went through a lot of trouble to do what he did. He jumped through many hoops to get where he was.

Watching Robert plan out this elaborate scheme to get away with what he did held me captive. I loved the detail that Don describes as Robert plans his escape.

What he wasn’t expecting were two women who wouldn’t rest until they figured it out as well.

Watching Pamela French and Sheree Huxtable piece the entire puzzle together had me turning the pages to keep up with them. These two ladies just could not let it lie that Robert had just vanished.
If you are looking for a story filled with twist and turns this story is for you. 


4.5 of 5 Hearts

Amy Rachiele- Winter’s World

This post apocalypse story takes place when the earth is covered in a snowy blizzard. People have learned to survive the storm with clothing and riding out the storms.  Amy Rachiele does a fantastic job describing how devastating this time is for Winter her lead charachter.

The devastation and heartache that Winter went through pulled at my heart. This girl raised herself, had to deal with a mother who was a prostitute and made her feel unwanted. Men looked at this young woman as if he was meat.

This girl had to become hard as nails to survive all these years alone. When she realizes that just maybe someone did love her she isn’t sure what to do. 

Liam was another broken sole that was raised by a controlling father who ran the Dens. The one place Winter despised going to.

This story was just taking off when it ended.  I am curious if the author will leave it until a later date or continue it when she can.

4.5 of 5 Hearts

Salice Rodgers- The River House


Whoohoo! Last but not least, we get some zombie action going on! Oh. Wait, not zombies. I mean the “Don’t Eat Mes” or the “Oh no stay aways.” I wished this story was longer. There is so much that Salice Rodgers could do with it.

This story had me cracking up as Amber, Olivia, and Zander learned to co-live together to survive.
When this story starts Amber has been trying to survive this event while she waits on the government or whomever it is to come to the survivors rescue.

She is not happy when Zander beats on the door to the house she is crashing at the time being. I was rolling at Zander and Amber’s banter. He pushed every button this poor girl had. He was in overprotective mode as he tries to get is sister safely to the river house.

Amber’s internal turmoil as she tries to fight what Zander is doing to her made me snort. He description of him was great.  He was such a bossy butt.  A hot bossy butt but still.

Zander leads a small group towards the river house while battling the “Oh no stay aways.”


Al Daltrey  



Amy Rachiele


Don Abdul


J.M. Nash


Jami Brumfield


Lynessa James


Max Cummings


Melissa Bell


P.T. Macias


R.J. Cree


Riley Bryant 


Salice Rodgers



Please show these lovely authors some love!!
 They did such a fantastic job with their stories. I cannot wait to see next years collaboration. I think I will start Stalking Max Cummings for deets now! 



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've thanked 'Sarah's Reading Corner' on Facebook, but I want to thank her here - right on the blog, for supporting Indie Authors. These kinds of reviews, and this kind of spotlight help us reach out to new readers. Much gratitude from all the Authors to Sarah! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Al! That mean so much to me! {hugs} You all did amazing with it! I love my Indie Authors!

    ReplyDelete