Powered by Blogger.

Excerpt Reveal::: Grayson: A Bully Novel Author: Morgan Campbell

by - 6:30 AM


Grayson Cover.jpg
Title: Grayson: A Bully Novel
Author: Morgan Campbell
Genre: LGBTQ Romance (M/M)
Release Date: December 6, 2016


Blurb:
Ten years ago…

-Grayson-
A month and a half ago, I made a choice.
A choice that nearly cost me everything:
my friends, my family, my life.
Who knew that choice would nearly cost me my future?

-Finn-
A month and a half ago, I made a choice.
I chose to turn my hell into someone else’s.
I nearly ruined someone’s life because I couldn’t handle my own.
Who knew that choice would threaten my future?

Ten Years Later…
Grayson Michaels made that fateful decision as a teenager, he’s determined to not let the past define him. Control him. Bind him. Vulnerability is not an option. When his demons surface in the form of Finn Abbott, Grayson learns that everything isn’t as it seems.

Finn Abbott is trying to put his life back together. Divorce, house arrest, and a slew of lovers have only caused his life to spiral out of control. But a job offer comes along and everything seems to be back on track. That is until the ghost of a scorned boy returns in the form of a vengeful man.

Fate is a fickle friend. Questions need answered and debts need repaid. What happens when past and present collide? Can two people destined to be enemies find love instead? As they say, there’s a fine line between love and hate.    




Excerpt:

“I started cutting here,” and he places my fingers on his forearm. His eyes never leave mine as he keeps talking. “On both arms.” I start to look down but he stops me. My free hand slams across my mouth and stops the silent screams from escaping. I start to shake my head in protest. Inside my head I’m screaming no.
“Eyes on me, Abbott. Only on me if you want to know the story.” He then lowers my hand to his thigh, warm, strong, and so close to –
“Then, I moved to my thighs.” Here, I feel some slightly raised skin. I breathe in a shaky breath through my nose. I can’t move my hand from my mouth just yet. I feel the sharp sting to my eyes and I try to will them away. I don’t like where this is going and it’s all my fault. “And finally, I … I.” He closes his eyes and drops my hand. The pained look on his face kills something inside me.
I put my hands on either side of his face and he opens his eyes. “Tell me, please,” I rasp and I can’t stop the rogue tear that slides down my face.
“Two days before Halloween, I did this,” and he takes my hand and moves it across the thick scars on his wrist. “I hated you. So much so that I wanted to die for everything I was put through because I thought the world would be better without me in it …” His voice trails off, hollow and void of any emotion. Dead.
I completely lose my shit.
The tears come pouring down my face in heavy, hot rivulets, burning my eyes and heating my cheeks as they fall.
My body slumps over and I’m on my hands and knees, trying to breath in air. But my lungs don’t cooperate as it proves to be difficult to inhale air. I manage to breath in a deep gulp but the burn hurts.
My hand clutches the skin over my heart, or what was once a heart. There’s an emptiness where my shattered heart once lay. In the wake of Grayson’s news, I could feel the stabbing pain as it broke piece by piece.
My soul was damaged. Irreparable, irreversible, and irrevocably damaged.


MC.jpg
~About Morgan Campbell~

Morgan lives in the south of Texas, going back and forth from Austin and Houston, with her husband. When she’s not writing, she can usually be found with her nose stuck in a book, cooking, baking, crocheting, and causing a general ruckus with her friends and family! Filled with an overactive imagination at a young age, she began writing her thoughts down in a journal, and the rest, as they say, is history.



~Connect With Morgan~

PTTD Blog Logo.png

You May Also Like

0 comments