Powered by Blogger.

Review: Breaking Kate (Acceptance #1) by D. Kelly

by - 7:00 PM

Synopsis

Michael Matthews has been in love with Katherine Moore since the second grade. In Michael’s mind there is absolutely nothing that will ever be able to keep the two of them apart. The night Michael is set to propose to Katherine the evening is interrupted by an unexpected tragedy that tears the two of them apart for good.
Three years have passed since that fateful night when Katherine, now known as Kate meets Daniel. After an awkward start sparks fly between them. Daniel and Kate fall hard and fast into the most passionate and intense love affair of their lives. In three years a lot can change, Michael knows he made the biggest mistake of his life when he left Katherine and he will do anything to get her back. Asking his best friend Daniel for help is his first step in righting the wrongs he made so many years ago. Unfortunately, neither of them realizes that Michael's long lost love Katherine is Daniel’s true love Kate.
While attending the engagement party of a mutual friend, all of their paths collide. How is Kate supposed to choose between the two men that mean the most to her in the world? Kate has to push past her heartache and put some serious thought into what comes next. One wrong choice and not only could she lose them both but Daniel and Michael may never recover their friendship.

facebook_1865915987


Excerpt

Pushing her panties to the side, I slide my fingers into her—she’s so fucking wet. I start a steady rhythm as I nibble on her ear. “I’ve got big plans for you; we’re going to explore some more spanking, maybe get a flogger.” I can feel her getting wetter the more I whisper to her. “Can I tie you up, Kate? Will you let me blindfold you? Do you trust me?” I slide her wetness up to her clit and rub small circles around it as I tease her with kisses along her spine. You’re awfully quiet, baby, say something.”

“I trust you. I want all of that—tying me up, spanking me, and exploring our sexual fantasies together would be so hot.” Fuck yeah. I remove her panties, pull her up on her knees, and take her from behind. This is going to be quick. I need it hard and fast, and I can tell she does, too. Wrapping my hand around the front of her, I rub her clit in slow circles as I slam into her from behind.

“I’m going to come already...fuck… come with me, I need you now.”

“I’m right here, baby, just let go.” She comes instantaneously, hard and fast, screaming my name over and over again. I love knowing I can make her lose control like that.

 

 Breaking Kate_ebooklg


Available now on Amazon


MyReview

I give this book four and a half hearts! I loved this book.

Screenshot_2014-08-18-21-39-42-5

This book is fantastic! A must read! It has romance, erotica, and mystery. It’s Hot. Sexy. Fun. And has a few heart wrenching moments too. Luckily, for all of us D. Kelly does not leave us needing the Kleenex for long. Every time I thought I had the plot figured out, wham! D. Kelly smacked me with something else that made me fall in love with this story even more.

I just had to know what made Mike Matthews the way he was and how Kate Moore could be so broken. D. Kelly does an amazing job telling Kate’s story and sprinkling in a few amazing supporting characters in you cannot help but love.

After years of being broken, Kate is working hard to move on from a very painful past and breakup with Michael Matthews “Mike.” After reading what shattered, Mike and Kate’s relationship I was heartbroken for them both. I had to remember Mike was young and not thinking clearly.

Fast-forward three years to take in the present where Kate is setup on a blind date by her best friends Conner Houston. With Conner’s best friend Daniel McCormick who just ended a bad relationship himself. Kate just knows she is doomed for a night of meaningless chitchat.

Kate’s quick-wit and sense of humor had Daniel falling hard and fast. Sparks started to fly between the two and nothing could keep them apart. Their love story is raw and real! An all-consuming love. Daniel takes Kate to levels she’s never experienced before leaving her breathless. This man is all about cherishing his woman and keeping her happy! Daniel had me swooning constantly!

You may need a fan while reading a couple of the scenes. D. Kelly sure knows what she’s doing ladies and gents!

Daniel is loving, caring, and a genuine great person on top of being absolutely smoking HOT! He is loyal as sin to his friends and family. He would help them through a fire if he could. Daniel has never put anyone above himself or family until he meets Kate. He knows she is his other half. The woman his infinity tattoo is meant for. He would do anything to protect her.

Mike realizes he has been a complete idiot and wants his girl back. The problem is there is a lot the story he doesn’t know and has to find out. Did he wait too long to try and make amends and when his girl back?

My heart sank when it all came to a head. I wanted to cry with Kate while she worked through her pain that came flooding back to the present. Daniel is her soul mate but Mike is her past.

 

MeetTheAuthor

Image of D. Kelly


 I'm a wife, a mom and a dog lover. I'm also a taxi, problem fixer, extreme multi-tasker and my kids biggest fan in anything that they do. I love to write, so when my career suddenly derailed I turned back to my love of writing. I married my high school sweetheart... how cool is that? Margaritas and sarcasm make me happy. Chocolate makes that happiness grow exponentially. People who make me laugh are my favorite kind of people. I believe Karma is a bitch who slaps back hard and that mean people suck. I'm California born and raised, I love the beach but hate the sand. The Acceptance Series is my first series with more books to come soon.

 

AuthorLinks


 

You May Also Like

0 comments