Powered by Blogger.

Review:: Candy & Kink by Jen Lassalle Edwards

by - 3:30 AM


Title: Candy & Kink
Author :Jen Lassalle Edwards
Release Date: July 21, 2015
Goodreads


Faith Dumont is a witty, confident, fiery fitness competitor, or so she appears to everyone else. Yet no one knows the horrors that she's endured and escaped to create this seemingly perfect life. No one knows the battle of self-loathing and deviant urges Faith battles daily.

She keeps her demons under control by her regimented, disciplined lifestyle. Faith has also implemented “rules” into her life, specifically a “no dating” rule. This rule was made to protect her heart. Life in the gym keeps her sane, to an extent, however, just because there is no dating does not mean there is not a bit of kink.


Slade is smoking hot physique competitor who works with Faith in the gym. Not only is Slade a co-worker, he is Faith's only friend, and a kin of the kink. He has always willingly followed Faith’s conditions... that is until tattooed trainer Ty enters their lives throwing all that Faith has created into a tailspin. When Slade sees Faith falling for Ty's seduction, he decides to refuse Faith's rules and introduce her to his.


With her normalcy crumbling around her, Faith is slammed by the carnal and emotional enticement of both men. Can they make their triad of passion work or will Faith’s past come back to decimate any spark of hope for love that she ever had?


Warning: This book is fictional and depicts acts of violence, graphic sex, including BDSM, M/F/M menage circumstances, and oodles of kink. This book is recommended for mature audiences (21 and over) who are not offended by scenarios such as these.



Amazon

Rating:: 5 of 5 Hearts
Can I just say that I love Jen Lassalle Edwards writing style! She has such a vivid and creative style that lets the reader get lost in her stories.  When Jen asked if I wanted to read Candy & Kink I squeed with joy and fired off tons of crazy Facebook emoticons. HEHE


Candy & Kink is about a woman named Claudette aka Dette aka Candy finding herself. She loved her life when she was with her friends but that was it. She did not think to highly of herself away from them. Candy longed for love. She wanted that all consumed feeling in her stomach instead of feeling empty.


From the opening scene when Jen described Candy’s life, I wanted to swoop in, give her a crazy tight hug and tell her it would be okay. Even with all the humor you could tell that Candy was lonely. She loved Z and Britt like her family. They were the two people in her life that she needed most.


When Candy “Dette” realizes that Z wanted more than friendship I wanted to do a happy dance. She wanted him but was scared of what it might do to their friendship.  I loved how trusting and loving Z was with her. He waited a very long time to tell her how he felt. He showed her how beautiful and amazing she was a day at a time. Never judging or accusing her like so many other would do. I swear Z had me grinning like a loon often.


“I placed my hand under his work shirt, over his t-shirt, on the top of his heart which I can feel thump rhythmically. The tenseness in his body relaxed. Contented Z whispers, “I’m not expecting us to go right back to normal, but I need you, want you, for us to work through this… I love you Dette.”


Let me tell you about the sexy Z Thomas, this tattooed, bearded, god loved Dette more than his own life. He had me swooning like a maniac constantly. Z would fight anyone or thing for Dette. The love he showed to her and the world was downright swoon worthy. Yes, I know I keep saying that. But DAMN I cannot help it. I loooovve Z!


Z had patience of steel when it came to Dette. He would not push her past what she could give… not ever. He wanted her to know that his love would always be there for her.  And lets not forget how HOT Z was in the bedroom!! GOOOOOD LORD did I love Z and his KINK!


Oh, and Z’s bossy ALPHA side was pretty damn hot too! When Z barked, everyone jumped.  When things get a little bumpy and Dette closed herself off to the world, I wanted to kiss Z and his and his patience.  That man begged and pleaded for his girl to listen to him.


One of my favorite parts of the book is when Dette tells Z her feelings.


“Since you… since you came and told me to leave with you that night. Since you gave me those books to read. Since you started these kinky games that send me over the edge. Since you can make me feel like I’ve never felt before.” I half grinned, “Since you made me see that sex is better than dessert.” I paused before becoming serious again, “Since you showed me what we could be like together. Since you, Z.”

So, if you are looking for a story with filled with yummy candy treats (I will never look at jellybeans the same way) with some yummy kink and a whole lot of Oh. My. Goodness to it, this story is for you.  Jen’s writing will consume you in a very delicious way and keep you enticed until that very last page.








JLE is a Cajun girl from Louisiana who now resides in Colorado with a husband and a furry menagerie. While attending college, JLE majored in Biological Sciences, Civil Engineering, English Literature and Respiratory Therapy/Cardiopulmonary Science. Constantly changing interests, she still does not know what she wants to be when she grows up, mainly because she refuses to ever become a stagnant adult. She believes in living life to the absolute fullest. In JLE's pursuit of an abundant life of adventure, she has spent time as a burlesque performer, a roller derby referee, a bartender in the French Quarter, writing for a music site in New Orleans, and currently is an amateur fitness competitor. She has a penchant for all things that sparkle, and on a completely different note, is a self-professed food whore. However, one interest has never faltered through the years, daydreaming and penning those warped thoughts to paper. Now, you can also enjoy as she reveals all of those deviant fantasies that play in her head daily.


River Walk Collection


Ripped & Twisted 

















You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thank you so much Sarah!! Do you know how you make me smile ear to ear?
    xoxo JLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so happy you love it!! I loved this book. Z and his little Kitty Cat. Hehe

      Delete