Powered by Blogger.

Review: Marry Me For Money by Mia Kayla

by - 7:00 PM

Synopsis

Leaving her small town behind, Bethany Casse moves to Chicago in search of a new life. Working at a top financial bank brings her into contact with two men who are as different as night and day.

Kent Plack, heir to Plack Industries, has no interest in being with a woman for longer than one night. A spoiled and lazy man-whore, he is completely content with his playboy lifestyle, and Beth is surprised when they form an unlikely friendship.

Brian Burcham, a finance banker, is gorgeous and respectful. A man plucked from Beth’s dreams, he is definite husband material. Unfortunately, Beth has a hard rule against dating coworkers, but Brian is determined to change her mind.

When a deadbeat mother and money problems follow her to Chicago, Beth is offered a solution that could fix everything. Marrying for money seems simple enough, but when lines become blurred, Beth faces difficult choices, making her realize that the easy way out just made her life even harder than before.

PicsArt_1408498937880


Excerpt

My pounding on the door accelerated louder and louder while the beat of my heart raced in my chest. I’d been calling Kent for two days, and he hadn’t picked up. The last time I’d seen him was when he left the bar drunk.

When he opened the door, I released the breath that I had been holding. His hair was disheveled and he looked like a mess but I didn’t care. I was just so relieved to see him in person, safe in front of me. As I walked in the room, I noticed all the shades were drawn, and his apartment reeked of a foul smell.

“Where have you been? I’ve been worried about you. I was about to call your mom, but I didn’t want to worry her,” I said, pushing past him and barging into the condo.

I followed behind him and surveyed the room. Liquor bottles and beer cans were on the floor, and shot glasses and tumblers spanned every inch of the coffee table.

I dropped my bag on he hardwood floor and started to draw up the shades. I heard Kent huff as I drew the first set. He pulled a pillow over his head to block the sunlight from hitting his face.

“Did you have a part and not invite me?” My head lifted towards the bedroom, and I was relieved that there wasn’t a woman in his bed.

I walked into the kitchen, got out a garbage bag, and started tossing out the cans and bottles, one by one. With each drop into the bag, I could feel my temperature rising. “Do you want to die of alcohol poisoning or something?” I asked, hearing the bottle drop with a ping as it hit the bottom of the bag touching the floor.

“Seriously, what’s the matter with you? I don’t want to be your mom, but what the hell is this? I mean, you can party, but party responsibly,” I scolded.

I stopped towards him and lifted the pillow from his head. “Are you hearing me right now? What’s the matter with you?”

He lifted his head to look at me. The bags under his eyes were noticeably dark. “What do you care?”

I was taken aback by his tone, but I let it pass. “I care that you don’t die,” I said, glaring at him. “I’ve been calling you. The least you could have done was called me back to tell me you were alive.”

He sat up slowly as if every bone in his body ached, and he placed his head in both his hands. “How’s Brian?” he asked, his voice sharp.

I reeled back, startled by his question. “Okay,” I replied, unsure of where this was headed.

“Did you give him his birthday present?” Kent snapped, lifting his head to meet my eyes, his jaw clenched.

MMFM Amazon GR SW Available now on Amazon


MyReview

I give this story five hearts! I absolutely adored it!

Screenshot_2014-08-18-21-39-42-1

What an amazing first book for Author Mia Kayla! I fell in love this book! Mia pulls you into the story form the being and keeps you there until the story ends. Mia’s characters are realistic, fun, and full of surprises. I just had to know how this book ended!

Bethany Casse “Beth” and Kent Plack are two strong willed characters from two very different worlds. They both have a past and a little mystery to them. This story is chalked full of playful banter between Beth and Kent. Beth is a quick-witted woman who makes no qualms about what she thinks about Kent or the world he lives in.

Bethany worked hard her entire life to get where is at One Financial as an underwriter. She is independent and does what she needs to survive. Kent Plack on the other hand is the heir to Plack Industries who has never worked a day in his life. Both have preconceived notions about the other. I could not help laugh at these two.

Kent Plack is a man-whore spoiled brat! Sometimes I could not believe how he acted! Kent is a bad boy you learn to love! This sexy playboy keeps you dying for more!

Oh! Did I mention that Kent is a little possessive over his new found best friend Beth? He is on uncharted territory when it comes to Beth. He’s never fallen for a woman before or been told he could not have something!

But Author Mia Kayla did not stop there! Mr. All American Brian Burcham strolls into the picture with his sexy blue eyes and boyish charm that throws Beth off her game even more. He’s the type of man every woman wants to take home to the family… except Beth. Her little rule of “I don’t date coworkers” has her playing hard to get. But she never stood a chance against Brian’s charm. His sweet manners would driver any sane woman into caving!

Mia Kayla does a fantastic job of keeping us on our toes! She knows how to throw you a good curveball just when you start to think you know what will happen next.

MeetTheAuthor

Mia Kayla is a New Adult/Contemporary Romance writer who lives in Illinois.

On the weekdays, she can be caught wearing a suit, commuting to her corporate job in downtown Chicago and raising three beautiful munchkins in the suburbs, four if you count the husband.

In her free time she loves reading romance novels, jamming to boy bands, catching up on celebrity gossip and designing flowers for weddings.

Most of the time, she can be caught on the train with her nose in a book sporting a cheeky grin because the main characters finally get their happily-ever-after at the end.

She loves reading about happy endings but has more fun writing them.

To find out more about my upcoming release, sign up for my newsletter. Click here to sign up.

AuthorLinks


website




https://www.goodreads.com/miakayla

 

 

 

 

 

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks for such a great review. I have a new crush now because of you. His name is Pedro!

    ReplyDelete