Powered by Blogger.

Release Day Blitz & Review::: Loch by Harper Bentley

by - 7:16 AM

Title: Loch (The Powers That Be #3)
Author: Harper Bentley
Release Date: Sept 30, 2015
Find on Goodreads
Loch Powers was the hottest guy I’d ever seen in my entire life.

And I hated him with every fiber of my being.

I'd practically known him since birth. Heck, we’d literally shared a crib as babies at his mom’s daycare.

Then I’d crushed on him hard when we hit middle school but he wouldn’t give geeky, glasses-wearing me the time of day. When his mom made him take me to the sixth grade dance, he’d humiliated me and I vowed to never talk to him again.

The next year when my family moved away, I told myself that if I never saw him again it’d be too soon.

Now I’m back and attending the same college, but I’m no longer the skinny, ugly girl who was so infatuated with him. And I’m so over him it’s not even funny.

But now that I’m no longer the ugly duckling, he’s set his sights on me, and I’m just not sure what to do with that.



4 ½ out of 5 stars

These Powers brothers just keep getting better and better! I like how the stories all have the same setting and family, but each one is so unique in what happens to the brothers and their love interests.

Loch is the youngest and though we haven’t learned much about him from the other books, we know he’s handsome and a player just like his brothers.

Simone is his childhood best friend who moved away after a bad incident between them in middle school. She’s now back at Hallervan University and determined to not run into Loch Powers - though in all honesty, she knows the campus is small and at some point they’re going to have to see each other.

Simone and her roommate/best friend concoct an evil plan to get back at Loch for all of the heartache he’s caused girls in his life, but Simone almost immediately regrets agreeing to the plan. The problem is she never comes clean with Loch.

The situations that ensue are hilarious, sad, turbulent and wonderfully told. I think this is my favorite book yet and Loch is my favorite brother --- though that’s some seriously tough competition. Then again when he says things like this, how can you not love him?

“Don’t want to freak you out…” His eyes were on mine as if he was gauging how I was going to react to what he had to say. “But I think I’ve loved you since I was five.”

I totally recommend this series to everyone and can’t wait to read Ryker’s story - he’s so broody and intriguing that it’s going to be an amazing read, I’m sure.

Harper Bentley has taught high school English for 22 years. Although she’s managed to maintain her sanity regardless of her career choice, jumping into the world of publishing her own books goes to show that she might be closer to the ledge than was previously thought.

After traveling the nation in her younger years as a military brat, having lived in Alaska, Washington State and California, she now resides in Oklahoma with her teenage daughter, two dogs and one cat, happily writing stories that she hopes her readers will enjoy.

You May Also Like

0 comments