Powered by Blogger.

Spotlight and Review::: The Allure of Julian Lefrey by RS Grey

by - 8:00 AM

Title: The Allure of Julian Lefray
Author: R.S. Grey
Release Date: June 29, 2015
Find on Goodreads
From: JosephineKeller@LLDesigns.com
To: LilyNBlack@gmail.com
Subject: Justin Timberlake Nudes!


Lily, you predictable perv. I knew you’d open this email faster if I tempted you with a glimpse of JT's “PP”. Well, put your pants back on and grab some bubbly because I have much better news to share.

I GOT A JOB!

As of tomorrow, I’ll be the new executive assistant at Lorena Lefray Designs. I am SO excited, but there’s one itty bitty problem: I won’t be Lorena’s assistant. I’ll be working for her older brother, Julian.

I know what you're thinking- "But Jo, what’s the problem?"

Google him. Now. He’s the man in the fitted navy suit whose face reminds you that there’s hope yet for this cruel, ugly world. Keep scrolling…Do you see those dimples? Yup. That’s the Julian Lefray I will be reporting to tomorrow morning.

Lord, help us all...

XO,
Jo 


5 out of 5 hearts

I went into this book mostly blind. I know I remember thinking I have to read that, but that’s about all I could remember. I also knew that I’ve loved everything I’ve read from R.S. Grey, but this one was quite possibly the best one yet.

This book had me laughing at the 5% mark and I don’t think I quit for most of the book. I’m not one to laugh out loud very often while reading, but I couldn't help myself with this one. One of my favorite times when Jo is talking to herself and thinking about the best way to proceed with a situation comes early when she is first introduced to Julian. These thoughts were the first time I cracked up:

If I was a provocative temptress from a James Bond movie, I’d have picked up my champagne, held his eye as I took a sip, and then seductively whispered, “Is there room for two on that flight in your pants?” or y’know, something equally as seductive. But since I am Josephine, weird-girl-from-the-country, I stayed silent and took another sip of champagne.

Both Jo and Julian were quite funny in the way they approached life and their relationship - whether it was their working one or the romantic one that they kept fighting. And let me just say that Chapter 29 will live in my head for a very long time. It was that good!

And though they were very different in many ways (like Jo’s hometown had less people in it than were in Julian’s high school graduating class), the chemistry was strong and the characters were very endearing.

I’m hoping that Ms Grey will give us a spin-off with some of the sub characters because I know that I’m not done with these people yet!

I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday.

I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors include Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things "funny". Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.

You May Also Like

0 comments